Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition have surpassed 1.5 million units, Bandai Namco announced.
Combined with the release of the original Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, total Tales of Vesperia shipments and digital sales have surpassed 2.8 million units.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in January 2019 worldwide.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Tales of Vesperia and the return of this fan-favorite with the Definitive Edition!
A power struggle begins in a civilization dependent on an ancient technology, the blastia, and the Empire that controls it. The fates of two friends traveling separate paths intertwine in an epic adventure that threatens the existence of all.
Dive into the Definitive version of this game with updated full high-definition graphics, brand-new music tracks, exciting mini-games, bosses, and a collection of unreleased costume downloadable content!
Two more playable characters join the fray!
- Patty Fleur, a cheerful and tough young pirate girl in search of treasure, adventure… and her forgotten memories.
- Flynn Scifo, Yuri’s best friend and an Imperial Knight, now joins the rest on their journey!
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.