Publisher Graffiti Games and developer Mantra have announced Metroidvania game Elderand for console and PC (Steam). It will launch in 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via Graffiti Games:
In Elderand, players will experience a Lovecraftian inspired, story-driven action RPG game that forces players to use skill-based combat to take down deadly creatures. Explore and fight in a rich world to collect bountiful loot. Discover Elderand in this new trailer.
- Skill-Based Combat – Elderand has a heavy focus on skill-based combat that will punish reckless explorers time after time. Do not fear, your timing and positioning will improve as you find your battle style.
- Treasures and Loot – Discover, buy, and collect a myriad of items, including unique relics, potions, weapons and shields. Bargain with shopkeepers to gather even more loot and upgrade your character to become the most powerful warrior.
- Explore the Dreary Lands – Journey to distinct lands filled with ancient mysteries to unravel. Slay lethal creatures, find hidden passages, and befriend strangers from the Errant Breach to Omulore. While forging your path through the world, remember one thing, curiosity is your greatest ally.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.