miHoYo will release a native PlayStation 5 version of free-to-play open-world action RPG Genshin Impact this spring, the developer announced.
The PlayStation 5 version will feature higher image quality, performance, and further evolutions, including upgraded textures across every part of the game, 4K resolution support, and faster load times that will allow players to enjoy a more seamless experience as they travel between the in-game environments.
“The PlayStation 5 is an ideal platform to enhance the vast open world featuring in Genshin Impact, allowing the team to incorporate more thoughts and ideas into the game, both now and in the future,” said miHoYo president Forrest Liu in a press release. “That’s why we’ve been working to bring the native PlayStation 5 version of the game to our players as soon as we could.”
Watch the PlayStation 5 announcement trailer below. View the new key artwork at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.